Benefits and Requirements
While we are forever changed by the events that took place on April 15, 2013 and the days that followed, we will not let this define our experience. Before the tragedies on Marathon Monday, Team Running for Cover was already a remarkable group of individuals who came together to take on the challenge of the marathon and raise money for a cause they are passionate about. They are now forever bonded, pulling together as teammates – and now friends – they supported each other and never waivered in their dedication to the team’s mission.
Requirements for Qualified/Deferred Entry Runners:
Qualified Entry runners have already secured an official entry through another source.
- Raise a minimum of $1,000 by May 1, 2015. Although the minimum is $1,000, we will work with each runner to set an individual fundraising goal.
- Provide your own official Boston Marathon race entry number.
Requirements for Invitational Entry Runners:
Invitational runners have not received an official race entry through another source.
- Raise a minimum of $4,000 by May 1, 2015. While the required minimum is set at $4,000 per runner, additional consideration will be given to runners who are willing to make a more aggressive fundraising commitment. We anticipate our team members will raise an average of $7,500 each.
- Submit a non-refundable $15 application fee upon apply to the team. If accepted, this fee will be applied towards your fundraising.
- Submit a non-refundable $100 processing fee and valid credit card information upon acceptance to the team. This fee will not be applied towards your fundraising.
- Pay a BAA race application fee of $325 in addition to your fundraising minimum.
- 18 years of age or older by April 20, 2015.
- Capable of running a marathon in less than 6 hours.
Qualified and Invitational runners will receive all of the same great team benefits!
- Guaranteed Race Entry for the 2015 Boston Marathon
- Celebratory team events with Running for Cover members
- Exclusive team training clinics and Joint Ventures marathon training program
- Training support from seasoned marathoners, Kevin Morrison and Dr. Robin Travers
- Meet and Greet with Honorary Team Captain, four time Boston Marathon winner Bill Rodgers
- Fundraising tools and support to help your exceed your fundraising goals. Additionally, you will have a unique fundraising website where you can share your story and accept secure online donations.
- Private pre-race team space in Hopkinton where runners can stretch, eat and get ready for their run
- Fundraising contests and incentives
- Exclusive Running for Cover apparel
- Cheering section for family members and supporters along marathon course
- Sunscreen and Lip balm for protected running
- The knowledge that you are running to support MFNE’s mission of education, prevention and support!
- and more!