Benefits and Requirements
Requirements for Invitational Entry Runners:
Invitational runners have not received an official race entry through another source.
- Raise a minimum of $5,000 by May 18, 2016. While the required minimum is set at $5,000 per runner, additional consideration will be given to runners who are willing to make a more aggressive fundraising commitment (in 2015, runners accepted to our team committed to $8,000-$10,000+).
- Submit a non-refundable $20 application fee upon apply to the team. If accepted, this fee will be applied towards your fundraising.
- Submit a non-refundable $100 processing fee, valid credit card information and signed team contract upon acceptance to the team. This fee will not be applied towards your fundraising.
- Pay a BAA race application fee of $350 (subject to change) in addition to your fundraising minimum.
- 18 years of age or older by April 18, 2016.
- Capable of running a marathon in less than 6 hours.
Requirements for Qualified Entry Runners:
Qualified Entry runners have already secured an official entry through another source.
- Raise a minimum of $1,000 by May 18, 2016. Although the minimum is $1,000, we will work with each runner to set an individual fundraising goal.
- Provide your own official Boston Marathon race entry number.
Qualified and Invitational runners will receive all of the same great team benefits!
- Guaranteed Race Entry for the 2016 Boston Marathon
- Celebratory team events with Running for Cover members
- Exclusive team training clinics and Joint Ventures marathon training program
- Training support from seasoned marathoners, Dr. Robin Travers and Greg Earley
- Meet and Greet with Honorary Team Captain, four time Boston Marathon winner Bill Rodgers
- Fundraising tools and support to help your exceed your fundraising goals. Additionally, you will have a unique fundraising website where you can share your story and accept secure online donations.
- Private pre-race team space in Hopkinton where runners can stretch, eat and get ready for their run
- Fundraising contests and incentives
- Exclusive Running for Cover apparel
- Cheering section for family members and supporters along marathon course
- Sunscreen and Lip balm for protected running
- The knowledge that you are running to support MFNE’s mission of education, prevention and support!
- and more!