You’re the Director
Have an idea about how to get others to stop tanning? Create a 30 or 60 second public service announcement (PSA) about the facts of tanning and risks of melanoma.
- Your PSA must reflect your own research, writing and original thinking
- It should be at least 30 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds long
- Include at least 3 facts from the facts of tanning located here.
- Our permission form must be downloaded here, printed, filled out and signed by anyone shown in the PSA and their parent or guardian. Completed permission forms must be faxed (978-371-0109) or mailed to IMPACT Melanoma at the time of submission.
To Enter the Contest
First, click here to register. When you are ready to submit your entry proceed below.
Send your submission to:
Your Skin Is In Student Contest
490 Virginia Road
Concord, MA 01742
Or email your PSA to Amy Mason at email@example.com.
- Entries must be postmarked on or before the contest due date of April 12, 2013.
- PSAs will not be returned to the author; they become property of IMPACT Melanoma. IMPACT Melanoma may use the PSA for promotional and educational use. Appropriate citations will be given to the creators.
IMPACT Melanoma staff and selected volunteers will judge the letter/article using the following criteria:
- Accuracy of facts and statements
- Convincing, compelling, persuasiveness
- Passion for the cause
For questions contact Amy Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-557-6352.
People who use tanning beds before the age of 35 increase their melanoma risk by 59%.Tanning beds put out 3-6 times the amount of radiation given off by the sun.The World Health Organization has determined that UV rays from tanning beds cause cancer.Getting more sun won't increase your Vitamin D level, but it will increase your risk of skin cancer.Melanoma kills one person every 50 minutes. It's the second most common cancer for 15-29 year olds.